Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Power Outage





Last night, a huge wind storm blew threw and left us without power for about five hours. It is a bit interesting to take care of children with no power. Thankfully, we had already eaten dinner, so we just did lots of puzzles, plugged the iPod into Micah's new frog player, and tried to carry on as usual. I bought a lantern a long time ago (one of those fluorescent, battery operated, camping ones) just in case we ever had a power outage. I am glad I am such a planner/worrier, because that thing allowed us to somewhat keep our sanity (it lit up the whole room.) I think the boys had fun taking a bath by lantern light. My favorite part: a long hot bath with candles and a good book. Oh, and also when Micah tiptoed into our room asking to get in our bed because he didn't have a night light! I must admit Matt and I have been waiting for the night when he would do this. How fun to snuggle with your sweet baby in your bed and sing and pray and read stories. Micah laughed for a good ten minutes about getting tickled while kissing Dada's "beard" (yes, he was a bit delirious) It was our first slumber party! I can't say we were sad though when the power popped back on amidst our fun, and Micah got to go back to his own room to sleep!

No comments: