Monday, October 19, 2009

Dinner Tonight

So I have been a really bad blogger these days. I am feeling a little worn down-not in a bad way, just in a "I'm so busy I can't think straight sometimes way." I would love to blog about my weekend in Memphis celebrating my high school best friend's wedding-but I took no pictures. I would also love to give you detailed updates on the boys, but maybe later this week. Right now, Micah has the "swine" flu. While he is definitely sick, I have seen him way worse (think croup+ pneumonia twice last year). He has a fever and is weak, but that seems to be about it for now. We did take him straight to the doctor (even though we were out of town) when his fever was 103. I knew we couldn't play around with Micah and his propensity to get these lung infections. Our former and favorite pediatrician confirmed H1N1 flu and started him on Tamiflu, which has seemed to so far be doing its job. This is the 4th day of the illness (which is supposed to last about 3-5 days). He is only running a small fever at random times of the day, and is able to even play a bit. Hopefully the rest of us will dodge a bullet and stay healthy! I am not remaining too optimistic, however. Owen decided to take a big swig of Micah's milkshake on Saturday.

On a completely different note: It made its way down to the freezing mark last night, so I am making a delicious chili for dinner. Here is how I do it:

1 can chile ready tomatoes
1 can regular diced tomatoes
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 pound ground chicken
1 diced onion
1 packet Lawry's chili seasoning*

Just saute the onion and brown the chicken in a big pot. Then, dump in all the other ingredients with a half tomato can of water and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and eat with Fritos. Enjoy!

*I like this packet. It tastes good and has only real ingredients (one of which is cocoa powder-delicious in chile). It also makes for a super fast dinner because I don't have to locate all my spices and measure them out.

4 comments:

Jeremy, Summer, Micah and Jayna said...

Hey Ginny ~ Hope you are all doing well! We think about you guys all the time!

Katy said...

Oh my goodness, bless Micah's heart!
I will pray for a speedy recovery for him, and for all of you to keep healthy! Its so hard when your babies are sick, and also stressful while you're in the middle of it.
I will pray also for peace for yall.
Let me know if you need anything.
Katy

Tacy said...

Ginny, I just want you to know that I'm making your chili recipe tonight. Looking forward to trying it, and having it with cornbread. :))) Thanks for the recipe!

The Morrisons said...

Oh, good Tacy! Hope you enjoy.