Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Margot-licious"



Happy two weeks, our Margot-licious baby girl! This is what your Dada likes to say about you, and I think it is hilarious. We are so in love with you, Margot and don't want to forget a minute with you. So... here goes a random stream of consciousness of life these first two weeks.

I have yet to experience real life with you and your brothers as we have had so much help since you were born. However, I am so thankful for all the bonding we have been able to share. You are the sweetest baby we have ever met. You are so calm and peaceful, you sleep all the time, and during your longest stretch of awake time (8-10 am), you try so hard to smile at me. You almost wear a half smile the whole two hours.

You are sleeping well at night-better than Micah did, not as well as Owen did, but we can't complain. You like to eat at 11, wake up at 1 for a snuggle, eat at 4 and again at 8. I often wake up at 4 with you in my arms because I fell asleep and forgot to put you back in your bassinet. I guess the real test will be when we move you to your crib!

You love to eat (sometimes not even waiting 2 hours during the evenings), so we have also given you the nickname "Miss Piggy." I have been advised to take it easy on the common allergens with you as your brothers both had allergies as babies. Because of this (and the fact that you were nearly 8 lbs at birth), I have lost over 20 pounds already! It just isn't as fun to eat when you can't have peanuts, dairy, soy, egg, etc. Of course I have a little of these, just not a big bowl of ice cream like when I was pregnant. We are praying you won't have allergies, and if sacrificing some foods may help- it is well worth it. I have to say that I am going to cheat tonight when your Dada takes me out for a sushi birthday dinner. Hopefully, we just won't pay for it tomorrow with a belly ache! You are our squishiest baby, but maybe that is a difference in boys and girls.

You love your baths, (as long as they are warm enough) and the lotion massage I give you afterwards.

You have a very strong neck and lift it very high when you are on your belly. You love being on your belly and sleep best that way. I am too nervous to let you do this at night, but during the day, you are on the floor on your belly most of the time.

We think you look most like Micah, but have more of an Owen hair style. Your chin is a little pointier than Micah's was, but your nose and lips are almost identical. We can't tell about your eyes yet, but you already sport such long lashes. Maybe your eyes will be like Owen's? So basically, you will probably look just like your Dada with your Mama's nose and hair! We love it that we recognize you and that our children have common features.

I am so looking forward to the coming weeks, months, years with you baby girl. May the Lord bless you and keep you. I can't wait to see how He will shape our family with you as a new addition.

2 comments:

wendy said...

We look forward to meeting your new, little daughter.
She and her cousin. Frances do look alike with their chubby cheeks and dark hair.

tacy said...

she is so beautiful! can't wait to see more pictures as our girls grow.