Thursday, May 03, 2007

God, A Father

After a crazy morning of cleaning spit up and poop from my children and myself, I recalled a passage from Ezekiel where the Lord compares Israel to an infant. "And when I passed by you and saw you struggling in your own blood, I said to you in your blood, "Live!" I made you like a plant in the field and you grew, matured, and became very beautiful. He goes on to tell us, not only did I clean you up from your filth, but I gave you jewels, and adorned you with fine linens. It wasn't enough to just cleanse us from our sin, He went on to grant us righteousness in His Son, Jesus. It is amazing the way the Lord uses our lives to teach us about who we are, who He is, and to remind us to give Him praise no matter how hard our lives seem at the time. We are doing much better now that Owen is in his fresh linens and Micah is sleeping soundly. Praise the Lord!

No comments: