Monday, March 10, 2008

The Morrisons Recommend

I thought I would share some things we are loving right now.
Movies:
Once
Any of the Jane Austin Masterpiece Theater (showing on PBS, but you can rent them too. We like Pride and Prejudice best, but the others are worth watching too. I am sure the books are better, but by the end of the day my brain is too shot by mommyhood that I doubt I could focus my attention that much!)

Owen is loving On the Go (a baby Einstein movie,) and Micah is out of the movie phase for now. He seems to go in and out, I think he got burnt out after being sick.

Books:
I am reading Jan Karon's book Home to Holly Springs, and it is wonderful as all her books are. I highly recommend this one. Matt is reading The Micah Mandate by our pastor George Grant, and sings its praises. Owen loves Touch and Feel the Baby Animals, and Micah is into the Max books by Rosemary Wells.

Micah is loving music right now, and he currently finds (on the iPod) Night Mantra by Renee and Jeremy, Put it on Me by Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals (also a favorite of mine) and Nothing but the Blood of Jesus. We are learning some hymns from a passion hymn book for children, and Micah likes this one best because it was easy to learn the words and sing along. Jars of Clay has a redemption CD, and Micah likes their version as well. We all also really like Falling Slowly from the movie Once.

Hope you get a chance to check out a few of these Morrison favorites!

No comments: