Friday, January 09, 2009

Trip with Friends




We had an extended vacation over New Year's because of the way the date's fell. We decided to use our long weekend to take a trip to see our dear friends, the Brown's. The trip was great. I have officially decided that I have the best travelers ever. They seriously made the 4.5 hour trip with hardly a fuss, and we didn't even have to stop. *side note: the trip home wasn't quite as good, but Owen and I had a little head cold and we had to stop for a meal making it a little longer. Despite my feeling during the last half hour of the trip, I think they still did great considering. We really just spent the New Year visiting with our friends and eating lots of snacks (a wonderful cheese ball with strawberry preserves and some artichoke dip that Taylor made and a buffalo chicken dip that I made per Matt's request.) The kiddos had a blast (I think Dylan has her first crush-on Micah!), and we even got one day pretty enough to play in the grassy spot across from the Brown's house. The rainy day wasn't so bad either as we had a fun day at IKEA and Mellow Mushroom!

No comments: