Friday, May 14, 2010

A Gender Mix-Up

Well, this is a funny story!

I had typed out an entire blog post on Tuesday evening introducing the world (or at least the 20 or so of you who read this) to our newest baby boy. I decided to wait until Wednesday to publish it because we were having our medical ultrasound, and I wanted to also be able to tell you about the health of the baby. Our baby is one healthy, laid back baby! During the ultrasound I could tell the baby was not super active and the heart rate is at least 10bpm lower than the boys ever were. I kept asking if everything was okay and the technician assured me that the baby looked great and that some just aren't super active. We finished up the medical part of the ultrasound and moved on to the fun part-feet, hands, face, etc. She knew we wanted to know the gender and told us she would wait until the end to let us know. I hadn't told her that we had a previous ultrasound at an imaging center, because I still wanted her to give us the special treatment and show us good pictures of the baby. Anyway, at the end she said "I'm curious, why do you keep referring to the baby as he?" I told her about the ultrasound a couple of weeks before, and her face broke out in a smile. I knew what was about to be said, and my heart started pumping. "It's a girl, isn't it?" She confirmed that it was indeed a girl and she wasn't sure about what was seen a few weeks ago. The baby had her legs open for the majority of the time. Not once was there a sign of boy parts, and we got several good looks at girl parts. Okay, in case all this is too long and boring and you have stopped reading: let me just summarize for you:

WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!

Whew, we are still processing this news, as we had started thinking about our baby as a boy. We are switching gears and getting really really excited to bring a baby girl into our family. I still have moments where I think maybe they were wrong again. The good news is: there was one view of the heart that our sleepy headed baby wouldn't move for. We will have a repeat scan in a few weeks, and she will confirm the gender for us. In the technician's words though, "I am 99% sure about this one-you can't miss it." So for now, we are loving our little

Margot Josephine!


Look at those long, thin thighs. They look just like Micah. We never got a good face shot because she insisted on staying buried in her placenta pillow!

This is her precious little foot. Her toes are all perfectly lined up just like Owen. I can't wait to meet her and see what she looks like in person.

2 comments:

Tacy said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. yay!!!!! :) i LOVE that name. :) that's a crazy story- hard to believe it! God has a sense of humor, perhaps? :)
congratulations, you guys. you will love that girl's socks off!

Jenny said...

So excited for you guys!!!