Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Meals on the Menu

I thought I would post a few links to some of the things that look absolutely fabulous to me. I cannot vouch for how any of them taste, but I will let you know as we try them. I am hoping to have the focus to make lists, cut coupons, shop, and cook these next week! Maybe this post will keep me motivated. Enjoy browsing!


I think I will make this as a side to a grilled flank steak and then eat it for lunch the next couple of days. I love Asian flavors and sweet potatoes, so I am excited to try this. I think I will leave out the dates though; they just don't make much sense to me in this recipe.


Um, yum. Ever sense I saw this, I have had a craving-big time. I will save it for a night when we eat a light dinner-so probably not the same night we have the flank steak and sweet potatoes ;)


This has been a favorite of mine since 2003 when I waited tables at Houston's restaurant in Memphis. Houston's is not in Nashville anymore, so I searched and found this. I haven't tried it, but it sure sounds close if not exact. I will play around with the dressing to make sure before I toss it up. This will be a great way to use the extra flank steak, arugula, and cilantro from the flank steak and sweet potato salad meal, and all those fruits and veggies will be good for mama and baby!


I know I've mentioned a lot of beef, but my iron is running low this pregnancy. I have been so sick that my vitamin has either stayed in the drawer or been lost in the toilet (sorry, but it's true) until recently. I have been taking an iron supplement for a couple of weeks and craving red meat (not surprising) hence all the beef!

Maybe this can be the light meal before the cobbler!


Now that my mouth is watering, I better move on to another task as dinner is still a few hours away-! Tonight we are having thai wraps with a peanut sauce that I made up.

No comments: