Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Nephew

My brother's wife is pregnant with a little boy, Tyler, who is due just two days after Margot! I went to his baby shower a couple of weeks ago and had such a fun time watching Jessica open all the gear she will need for this little guy. It was so exciting to remember being a mom for the first time. I am so happy for my brother and sister-in-law (and so happy for me as this is my first blood related nephew)!

I was admiring Tyler's adorable onesie during the shower. Little did I know that Jessica had gotten one just like it for Margot. We agreed that these two will look adorable side-by-side in their sweet monogramed clothes.
This was the delicious cake that Margot and I got to sample while there. Within a few minutes of finishing my piece, she had a fierce case of hiccups. Supposedly, babies can taste sweets in the amniotic fluid, and I think she must have gulped in her fair share!
Here is Jessica, my sister-in-law with all the amazing gifts.
Posing with our matching bellies. Jessica is one of the few people I know who is shorter than me and they think Tyler is measuring on the big side. I know she is getting ready to have that boy because I sure feel out of room these days!

3 comments:

Jeremy, Summer, Micah and Jayna said...

Love the belly picture! You both look adorable!

tacy said...

Adorable! Yay bellies.:D And about the sweetness in the amniotic fluid- I didn't know that but I can sure tell our baby is a sweets lover. She wakes right up and kicks all around whenever I have something sweet. :)

Ashley said...

ginny, i have been thinking about you and your little family. it has been a long time since i've talked to you and also read your blog. now, at 12:30 in morning, i was looking hard to find your blog address. one of the three things i was wondering about was...pregnancy...was hoping to see exactly what i did see!!! YOU, with a huge (and very cute) belly. i did not know you were pregnant. but feel so thankful for you all! will ask you the other things later. thinking i might have your email? take care, friend.