Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Owen's Birthday Celebrations

We tried to make Owen's birthday a big deal this year. He has had a bit of a rough time adjusting to becoming the middle child and having his best friend in the hospital for a month all the while being forced to go with the flow and having no time with his parents. We have spent lots of time talking these past few weeks about our family and how we are a team. We ALL sacrifice when one member of the team needs us. We ALL learn to become more selfless when a new baby comes. After much praying, talking, and some new allergy medications, Owen seems to be much happier and glad to be a part of the Morrison team. We are so thankful as things were getting a little stressful for a while. He told me today in his sweetest, most shy voice: "I thought you didn't like me." Oh, how it broke my heart. I know Owen has many feelings of inadequacy and is very introspective, but somewhere along the way I have failed to let him know how much I like-and LOVE him! Alas, we are learning as we go, and, hopefully, our little Owen will know how much we truly "like" him. Anyway, back to the birthday. We celebrated at his preschool, at home that night with presents from just the family, on Friday night with Grammy for a joint birthday celebration, and again on Sunday afternoon for a family birthday party. I think he had a great time and really enjoyed the attention.














1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love his big smile in all of the pictures. Such a sweet boy :)