Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas in Memphis














On the way home, Micah needed his Starbucks almost as bad as we did, since we had to wake him up at the oh so early hour of 10:30 am. No, I am not joking, he really sleeps that late these days. Notice Ellie in the back. She had very little room in the back, but she doesn't seem to mind!



























































































Owen with Uncle Andy. I think there is a little resemblance in these two.


















Micah had fun with his second cousins.



















Spending time with "Bill," who is my grandfather. He has been sick and in the hospital since October, so we were so happy that he was able to come home for Christmas.











This one takes some explaining: My family passes a joke gift around, and each Christmas someone gets it. The person who gives it must dress it up in some fashion so as to be a joke to the receiver. This year it adorned a white coat, cool spectacles, and various other optometry tools, and it went to Matt. Actually it is a weasel, which makes it even funnier that Matt got it because his college nickname was actually weasel. My mom hand crafted this thing in some art class, and after getting made fun of relentlessly by my uncle, she wrapped it up and gave it to him as a Christmas gift. My uncle couldn't resist giving it eyes, nose, and mouth, and regifting it to my mom the following year, and there the tradition was born


















.

No comments: