Thursday, May 21, 2009

40 Days of Prayer

 I was reading, this morning, last weekend's article from Table Talk by a former pastor of ours, John Sartelle.  He was speaking of how he was convinced a few years ago that his priorities in prayer were off.  That he was mostly always praying first for himself and his family, etc.  I thought, yeah I am doing good if I am still focused enough to pray anymore after I get through the laundry list of our family's needs and wants.  He ended with the charge for us to pray for the vision, advancement, and growth of the kingdom of God. He quoted a verse from 1 Timothy 2:1-2 "first of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way." 

Coincidentally, I saw this on Dr. Grant's (our current pastor) blog today.  I urge you to also make it a priority to pray for our Congress this week.  Visit this site for specifics.  

No comments: