Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We decide to spend the holiday weekend at our home away from home, the Browns in Atlanta. Despite the rainy weather, we managed to play outside quite a bit.  The boys loved the new parks and pool, and just being with great friends.  Seriously, Micah said at least 10 times: "I love this park and this slide and this ladder.  I love this pool at Nathan's house!" and my favorite: "Can we live here forever?"  We mostly relaxed and caught up.  We ate wonderful food as always.  Taylor is a fantastic cook!  We even visited a new Mexican restaurant that served not one, but three dips upon arrival.  That's my kind of place!  Here are a few pictures from the weekend, which are mostly just of the boys.  What can I say, I am a little partial.  
This one and the next few are actually from a family Memorial Day party celebrating Matt's grandma's 90th birthday along with his sister's graduation from UVA.  Micah went into the pool with his second cousin.  He was a little scared, but we were proud of him for being so brave in letting her take him around the whole pool. 
"Huge airplane in the sky!  Another one! Huge one!"
This one cracks me up.  He is posing like such a sweet boy.  He did this totally on his own when I said "smile!"  
Looking at the goldfish in the pond.  This entertained Owen for at least 30 minutes.  
Favorite activity: scooping with the "bulldudududu" and dumping it in the dump truck.  He does this off and on all day.  
My boys hanging out in the freezing cold pool in Atlanta.  I wish I had a photo of Dylan jumping in the cold water.  She was putting the boys to shame.  
Big hug for Aunt Taylor after a hand picked bouquet of dandelions.  He was a little smitten after this.  
Drawing numbers with the chalk.  
Flower for Mama!  Can you see his adorable dimple in his left cheek near his smile line.  I love this, and it seems to be getting more prominent.  What a sweet, unique feature.  
Micah' new favorite activity: golf.  He plays off and on all day.  We have a set of mini clubs inside and out.  He will make up a course with 18 holes and pick a par for the course.  He is getting pretty good, at least he can beat me!  
Sweet hug from Dylan after picking a flower for her.  These guys were really cute together.  There was really none of the expected two year old tantrums over toys.  Dylan graciously let Owen take over her "Lightning McQueen" bus.  She knew just how to win him over!

A fire truck came to visit the neighborhood.  After a few minutes of shyness, Owen finally let Matt put him in the driver's side.  
Owen was not cooperating, but since there are hardly ever pictures of me with the boys, I thought I would post it anyway.  
Very shy about the BIG fire truck.  

1 comment:

taylor said...

very cute pictures!!

we loved having ya'll, as always! we wish ya'll would "stay here forever!" the house next door is always an option! :)

xo