Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I feel like every day the boys are doing something new; it is so hard to keep up. I already feel myself forgetting things that Micah did and when he did them, so in an attempt to keep our memories safe, I am posting anytime I get a chance. Micah is entering into a stage of independence that is fun to watch, but can be frustrating at times. He must do everything all by himself. He wants to push every button, buckle himself in the highchair/carseat, put his own clothes on, take them off, open the door, shut the door. He comes running if he hears a toilet flush screaming "Micah do it!" It is really quite amusing, unless we are in a hurry, and then we have to do some quick diversions to keep us all sane. He is also becoming quite the rule enforcer, telling Owen which toys he can have. I will often hear him say "excuse me Loafer D (a silly nickname we use for Owen), that toy is for Micah." I laugh and think "at least he is polite about it!" He has continued to be a fan of music and he is starting to pick up on the lyrics. We have decided that we have to start screening what he listens to. It is hard because often times quality music comes with adult lyrics. He has begun singing some of them. Matt and I laugh and at the same time think "oh no, we better start watching what we say!" He loves to show off for Owen. He will say "look, Baby Owen is watching" and then do his best big jump ever. He loves to hear our praises, and if we forget to compliment or thank him for something, he will just do it himself. "Oh thank you Micah for asking, thank you bubs for sharing with Owen, thank you Micah for not screaming." In his mind we should praise him even for the bad things he doesn't do, but thinks about doing. Lately, he is smitten with "Dada." He tries to convince himself every night that it is the weekend so that Dada can come get him in the morning. It is such a joy to watch him grow up. He has such a tender heart. He loves to learn and loves his family. Every night before dinner Micah will pray and say "thank you Jesus for Mama, Dada, Baby Owen, all the various foods on his plate, and for dying on the cross." Sometimes it can be a long process, especially on nights that he wants to say thank you for all his toys, movies, etc., but we love it.

Owen can now say "Dada" too! Today during his nap, he woke up and was babbling away with lots of Mamamamamama's when all of a sudden he said "Dada." Matt and I were in our bedroom working on the computer, so we both again were here to witness it. I know Matt is happy, since I think he was a little jealous that Mama came first this time. Owen also loves to shake his head "no." He is not saying "no," I think he just thinks it feels funny to move his head back and forth. He also does what is now known as the "Loafer D" dance. He holds his arms up and waves them both frantically every time the music starts (very cute), and Micah loves it that Owen likes the music too.

Sometimes, I just like to stop and take it all in. Being a mother of two is no small job, and many days I have to close my eyes and take deep breaths so that I won't have a panic attack, but I am so thankful for the blessing of these boys. "The days are sometimes long, but the years go by way too quickly." A friend told me that recently, and how true it is.

1 comment:

TMB said...

so true! sometimes i am reminded that in the midst what sometimes seems like chaos, i need to slow down long enough to take it all in!! ...these precious little ones we have been so richly blessed with!

ps...nathan found out this morning he passed NY bar exam!! yeah!