Friday, November 09, 2007

Owen

Owen is growing up so quickly. He said "Mama" a couple of days ago! He has been saying it off and on since then, and it is so cute. I remember Micah saying "Dada" for the first time in the car; I think it is one of those things you will never forget. Owen was in his jumper getting frustrated because I kept walking back and forth from the closet, when he just said it, plain as day. I don't know why it is so exciting to hear them say their first word; I guess because it is a huge milestone. Matt and I were both here to hear it, which is fun. Sometimes Dads get the raw end of the deal because they are gone a lot of the time, so I know Matt was thankful to be here.

Owen still has the sweetest disposition. I think he is actually getting sweeter, if that's possible. He still likes to wake up early in the morning to eat, but honestly that is the only think I can complain about (and I try to enjoy the time I have with just him, it is just so hard when you love sleep so much!) He always has a smile on his face, and as long as a family member is in the same room with him, he will play on the floor forever. We feel so blessed to have him, and so thankful for his content personality. I struggle with contentment, as Micah does too, and I know that the Lord had a purpose for putting Owen here at this time with us. He honestly makes it hard to be in a bad mood with the way he lights up the room. Owen, we love you more than you know!

No comments: