Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

I feel like our Thanksgiving started a week ago. Last Thursday, Matt's brother, also named Micah, stopped by for a visit on his way home to Chattanooga. It was fun to see him, and we again took the boys to the mall to play. Then over the weekend we went for a visit with my family. The boys loved seeing Nana, Mimi, and Pa. I think our boys are extra blessed because I have a special Aunt and Uncle that act as an extra set of grandparents. Nana and Owen had a blast blowing raspberries, and both the boys loved Pa's big beard. We also adventured to Little Rock, AR to visit my Dad and had fun relaxing, eating turkey, and catching up. After a weekend of traveling, we packed up again on Thursday and headed to retreat called Evin's Mill. Matt's parents are remodeling their kitchen, and since Sally usually cooks dinner, they decided to rent out this place and have everyone stay there. It is a very scenic with tons of trees and a river complete with a water mill that still runs. The food was fabulous, and the cabins cozy. Owen loved posing for pictures with his aunts and cousins. Micah is a little harder to convince to sit still for the camera.

We have so much to be thankful for. I don't even know where to begin. The Lord has blessed us with the two most wonderful sons, I have a husband who loves me and his family. He models servanthood to our boys so well, as he is constantly sacrificing for us. He loves to make us all happy, and will joyfully do all it takes to get smiles from all of us. Our new home is beautiful, Matt's job is going well, I love staying home with the boys, we have a Lord who loves us despite our many failures (who even rights our wrongs through Jesus). We are so blessed.

No comments: