Friday, November 09, 2007

Trick-or-Treat

Here are some pictures from Halloween. Matt and I are not really big Halloween people; not really against it, just neutral I guess. I don't really understand why people would want to decorate their houses to resemble hell and to scare children, and I certainly do not want to take Micah and Owen anywhere that might create scary images in their heads. We do, however, like to take our children to do anything fun (and I am a candy addict). All that to say, we decided to play Halloween night by ear. It was an uneventful night, and both the boys were in good moods, so we put Owen in his hand-me-down pumpkin costume, and put Micah in his squirrel tail cap (we told him to tell everyone he was Davy Crockett) and headed down the street to "get candy!". Matt and I love one act of Seinfeld's where he talks about trick-or-treating, "So let me get this straight, all I have to do is knock on people's door, and everyone I know will give me candy?! ...I can wear that." Micah was obviously all for this idea since I try so hard to keep him from eating too much sugar. He was a little shy at first, but by the end of our street, he liked it so much, we put him on his trike and walked around much of our neighborhood. Owen loved the attention of the camera and wanted to eat the pumpkin that Micah helped carve earlier that afternoon. No candy for him, although I think Micah was actually willing to share!

No comments: