Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Birthday My Love



I thought these were some adorable pictures of Matt from when he was a child. circa 1984

Happy Birthday Hoff!!! We love you more than you know. I don't think I have ever met someone so giving, so humble, and so self sacrificial, or someone who loves me and my children so much. We are so thankful for your birth and life. I praise the Lord every day for you and ask that we may grow old together (and I mean old!) Thank you for all that you do for us. You are working so hard to take care of us, and then come home and give us all you've got. You will always do anything to make us happy. We love you BIG, BIG TIME!!

Love,
Hoff D., Micah, and Owen

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love that! How precious was Matt in those pics?! Happy Birthday Matt!

Ann said...

Wow! I cannot get over how much Micah looks like Matt at that age! Also, we have had trouble with Ellie going poopy on the potty as well. But I have found the same thing as you-they will do it when they are ready. She mostly goes in her pull-up after her nap. She used to be very scared, but now she will go every now and then on the potty. As far as the initial potty training, I pushed it so hard and it just was not happening. One day she said she wanted to go on the potty and pretty much has ever since. My mom kept reminding me of the same thing-except she said "She will not go to kindergarten in a diaper." Bless his little heart!-such little things often seem so overwhelming to them. I often try to put myself in their shoes and remember how scary some things used to be.

TMB said...

happy birthday "uncle zel!'
love,
nate, taylor and dylie bop!

The Morrisons said...

Thanks Ann! It's good to know that Micah is not the only one. Ellie and Micah sound a lot alike. Wish we lived closer so we could get together.