Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Herb Garden



I have been wanting herbs in my kitchen window sill for quite sometime. I tried to grow them from seeds (I wanted them to be organic, and I wanted the satisfaction of knowing that I tried.) Well, I tried and I failed. Apparently, it is rather difficult to get great plants from seeds in your home with no experience. So, I ordered some. They arrive a couple of weeks ago, and so far, so good. We are seeing lots of new growth and the ones I've tasted are delicious. Now, we just have a fruit fly problem! I have learned those little guys are quite annoying and hard to rid. I have done all the tricks I can find. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Raechel said...

Those are great looking pots! I'm glad to see you have your herbs up and running now!

We miss the Morrisons! Will I see you on Thursday? Is there a night this week that you all would be available to come over for dinner?

katie said...

hey! they look great ginny... i remember talking to you about this last time we were there. i have been wanting to start herbs too - but i don't have a good window with light like you do. the lady at lowes told me they do best outside, so thats what i'm trying. i started with plants too - not seeds. the basil is really good - haven't tried the cilantro. i want green onions too... what all did you plant?
miss y'all!

The Morrisons said...

I did plant some mint outside that is doing great. We have basil, rosemary, Asian cilantro, and Italian parsley. Sorry it took me so long to follow up, we have been busy with guests.