Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Some Comforting Words

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him.
Colossians 1:21-22

And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
Colossians 2:13-14

The past two morning have been wonderful. My sweet, thoughtful husband has brought me my coffee in bed before he has headed out for the office, and the boys have slept till 9 both mornings. This almost never happens. Matt often brings me coffee on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, but mainly because Owen is ready for Mama. The fact that the boys slept in today was a huge blessing. I have been somewhat down in the dumps the past few weeks. Not about anything in particular, just kind of blah. It probably doesn't help that I have been so busy that I have, stupidly I know, kept my Bible on the bedside table. I have been so tired that I have often fallen asleep praying. I guess I have been in somewhat of a spiritual depression. I felt overwhelmed today as my Heavenly Father woke me several times last night. I was scared. I don't know what of; I just kept hearing things and my imagination was getting the best of me. I even put my phone under the pillow with my hands gripping it in case I needed to call someone for help. The only thing I could do was pray. This morning I opened my Bible to Colossians and was comforted by these verses. It is the Lord who reconciles us, who makes us alive in His Son. It is the Lord who brought healing to my soul this morning with this reminder. While I was busy putting the Lord second and suffering for it, He was busy renewing my heart and giving me gentle nudges to pray and open His word. While I was busy losing my patience with a tired and grumpy 3 year old, He was busy convicting me and assuring me of His love and forgiveness. Thank you Lord.

I pray you will find assurance of pardon as well in these verses.

No comments: