Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We are Back





We didn't go anywhere, but for the past week or so we have just been catching up and resting. We have been on the go for the past couple of months, and we just needed a break. So, I also took a break from blogging and caught up on some reading, housework, and just watched a little food network! I have many things to post, but for now I will post about sweet Owen. He turned 15 months on the 14th, and we had our well baby check yesterday. Here are his stats: Weight: 21 pounds (15%), length: 30 1/4 inches (20%), and head circumference: 19 1/4 (90%). He is staying pretty consistent with his slim physique and huge head! He is on track developmentally, and the doctor referred us to the pediatric allergist to discuss Owen's food allergies. (I have found yet some more foods for Owen that are great for the whole family: flax seed meal, and pearl barley. My sweet husband e-mailed me a recipe for the pearl barley that Owen and the rest of us can enjoy. If it is good, I will certainly pass it along.) Owen says many words to me, none for anyone else including Dada. He gets very shy and will almost never perform. He will point to pictures in books, loves birds and airplanes, and gives a big yell and point when he sees one. He will probably be a rock climber one day, and loves trucks and playing outside. He mostly wants to be just like his big brother, but loves rough housing with the boys, and cuddling with his Mama.

Owen, you are so dear to us. You show us what a content spirit looks like, and you melt our hearts with your beaming smiles! We pray your continued health as the Lord grows you up to be more like Jesus. May He give us many years with you, precious boy.

The pictures are from eating watermelon on the newly manicured lawn (thank you, thank you, Nana!) I love that Owen loves it so much, that despite all the foods he can't have, God has still given him wonderful foods to enjoy. I am not sure he would have given up his watermelon for anything else last night!

2 comments:

Raechel said...

welcome back! seeing those pictures makes me want watermelon!!!

TMB said...

so cute!!

looks like some DELICIOUS watermelon!!