Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some Great Recipes

Here is my plug for Cooking Light. I have received this magazine for many years, and as one who loves to cook (and cook healthy meals), it is well worth subscribing. I have yet to make something that doesn't "turn out," and we have loved most of the recipes. Here are a couple of things we have tried this past week that I thought I would pass along.

Classic Italian Panini with Prosciutto and Fresh Mozzarella
Barley Risotto with Julienne Chicken and Parmesan

I added some poultry seasoning to the chicken in the risotto and also a bit of garlic (I love garlic). This dish was sent to me by Matt (one of his patients had a child with food allergies and recommended it.) We just scooped Owen out a portion before we added the cheese. We also added some shaved Parmesan on top. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

katie said...

we would LOVE to get together... its long overdue. we'll be gone the first weekend in sept - could y'all come for an auburn game that month or maybe october?

TMB said...

those recipes sound yummy--we LOVE fresh mozz. so we will have to give that one a try!!

can't wait to see you guys--in a month!!