Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Micah is a sleepy head, and 7:30 is almost unheard of around here. He loves sleeping in until 9 or 9:30. Must be nice! He did pretty well after a few cries. Believe me, I want to cry too when have to wake really early in the A.M.



Micah's Schedule of Events
He is very meticulous and loves schedules. I find it much easier to convince him to get going when we have an agenda. It worked rather nicely, no complaining about eating and getting dressed. We went over it several times yesterday. He really loved it.


I snapped a few pictures outside before loading up in the car. Micah was having some difficulties with his allergies, so he was having some trouble looking at the camera and smiling while in between sneezes.


With Dada outside of school
Thankfully, Matt was at the office in Franklin today and was able to go with me to drop Micah off. I really think it made it much easier.

About to go to his classroom
Saying goodbye! There were no tears, but he did get a glazed look on his face. I don't blame him, it was rather chaotic with so many children in a new place.
This is what we did while Micah had fun in school. I have been needing an eye exam terribly, but knew I couldn't keep my eye on two babies and get my eyes checked. Healthy eyes is what the doc says: just some allergies and a clogged tear duct, which he cleared up with a scary needle in my punctum!
Owen got his two second eye exam too. It looks as though he is already a little myopic in his left eye. Uh oh, may need some glasses before we send him off to preschool!


So all in all, not a bad day. I picked Micah up at 1:03 and believe me, he told me that he wants me to get him at 1:00! Darn dump truck. I will have to leave even earlier apparently. His teacher said he did well besides being a little distracted and wanting to look at everyone's watch. I asked him if he remembered music class today, and he said "I looked at her watch!" They also commented that Micah is an escape artist. Not something you want to hear when you are already a wreck about leaving him in someone else's care. I know this about him, and I really can't ever let him out of my sight. He will often quietly slip away, so he can check everything else out. I wonder how long it will be before he is wearing one of those leashes. Thankfully the nearest exit is locked and alarmed. Oh Lord, please watch over my baby. I know I can't protect him all the time, and we beg you to keep him safe.

3 comments:

Raechel said...

Ginny, I was so excited to hear about Micah's first day of preschool today! I know it was a big moment, and not just for him. I think you are such a good Mom to figure out what makes him motivated and work with him on it. Ryan and I loved reading his little schedule and imagined Micah checking his watch and getting things done. He really makes us smile!

Once you get your routine, come spend some time at our house! Maybe one day while Micah's in school, you and Owen can come over rather than go back home. Of course, we'd love to see Micah too. Maybe you can all come over after school one day.

We love you guys! Congrats, Micah, on a successful first day of school.

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

preschool going okay? we miss you guys!!!

Recipe Club said...

definitely still on for october - what day will you get here/have to leave? we can't wait! glad to hear its going well - and i know you are enjoying that time. campbells getting bored too - she needs a little activity or something... hope your week is going well!
katie