Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Our Friends, the Browns

These are our wonderful friends, Nathan, Taylor, and Dylan Brown. For those of you new to our blog, we lived with them for a month last summer when our house unexpectedly sold early in Memphis, and our new house in Nashville wasn't quite ready. They have always selflessly opened their home to us, and this weekend was no different. We are in a bit of an adjustment phase. Matt is working more. we are both more tired, and Micah is more sad. This, coupled with a busy week of social interaction for Micah, (new gymnastics class and new preschool) had really taken a toll on us. Nevertheless, we loaded the family and went to Atlanta because we were all so looking forward to our time with friends. Nathan, Taylor, and Dylan, thank you so much for loving us this weekend. We all feel so refreshed after our relaxing weekend. Our boys had a blast. Micah has been talking about you guys all day and even became teary-eyed in the grocery store today. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he wanted to go back to "Nathan's house." Taylor, thank you for the wonderful meals (I am now craving more of the cinnamon crunch bagels, and I picked up some marinara at Kroger today!). Nathan, thank you for loving Micah. He loves his time with you and thinks you are the greatest think next to Dada. Dyl-bop, you are such a sweet heart. We love watching you grow into such a beautiful little girl, so full of personality. You made us smile with all your kisses, and bows. I forgot to take pictures as usual, but you can click here to see Taylor's post from the weekend. I did take one video clip of an outing. Dylan and Owen were having fun playing in the car, and Micah was busy figuring out an alarm clock in the back with Matt.




One adventure that I wish I had photographed for memories was the trip home. Upon leaving, Matt mentioned to me that the steering felt a little funny. We dismissed it as our lopsided packing job. Yes, we are phlegmatic ;). About an hour into the trip, we heard a funny sound and knew we had a flat tire. We tried to make it to the next exit, but soon heard the sound of metal and smelled the foul odor of burning rubber. "You have got to be kidding me" is what I thought, and I think Matt mouthed something a little more explicit. So, we eased over to the grass where I tried to entertain the boys and keep Ellie quiet. Matt proceeded to unload the entire rear of the car and get to work (on the interstate side of the car, no less!) I couldn't stay in my seat, so I gave the boys some cookies and stood lookout while Matt changed the tire. I must give some props to Matt for having us back on the road in less than 15 minutes. Good work Baby!

So now, the summer is over, and my baby is starting his first day of preschool tomorrow. I must say that we are all a little anxious about how it will go. Micah has some social anxiety and hates change, so I know this will be a challenging couple of weeks for him as we adjust to his new schedule. He is telling us tonight that he doesn't want to go to preschool, and that is hard. If you are reading this, please pray with me that he will find his niche there, that he will make a friend this year, and that he will overcome his fears. We are trying to teach him that Jesus is with him at preschool and that when he feels nervous or scared, he can talk to Him. I should probably heed my own advice tomorrow, as I know I will be having similar feelings. I am sure to have a post with pictures of the morning tomorrow so stay tuned.

1 comment:

TMB said...

sweet post! thank you for all your kind words. we absolutely LOVE it when you guys come to see us!

dylan LOVES her phone ["offe" as she calls it] ya'll were SO sweet to leave that for her. every time she plays with it i remind her that it's from "o" and micah! she lights up when she hears that!

we are so glad it will only be 1 month and 20 days 'til we see ya'll again!

praying for micah [and the rest of you] as he heads of to preschool this morning! i can't wait to hear about it!
love you guys and miss you lots!
xoxo