Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas Tree






We went to pick out our Christmas tree on Sunday afternoon. I love real Christmas trees. We picked a Fraser fir from none other than Lowe's. We knew we didn't have much time as Micah is still not 100% and we needed a few other things too while we were out. Lowe's has never let us down although their prices did go up a tad this year. We found a tree rather quickly much to Matt's happiness. I found out something new about him on that day: he is a little apprehensive about heading out to find a tree as he remembers it taking hours to choose one with his indecisive dad! I laugh knowing that I could spend time examining lots of trees, but also knowing that they will all be imperfect (one thing I love about real trees). I did veto his first choice of the taller one to go with a fuller, shorter one. The boys absolutely love our tree. In fact, I can't keep them away from it. We have already broken 3 ornaments and it has only been 2 days. I know they are so excited, so it has been hard to enforce the "look but don't touch rule." And this being the first year that Micah has really gotten to help decorate the tree, he has a special interest in rearranging it. I glanced over yesterday to see Micah touching a gold ball. When I asked him not to pull on it, he responded: "I am just pointing at the beautiful, big, gold ball!" I could only laugh and congratulate him on using so many adjectives. A few minutes later, Owen comes to find me saying "uh oh." I looked and saw a ridiculous cow ornament in two pieces. At least that one was far from a treasure!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

i love this post! looks like the boys had so much fun! so sweet. i have such fond memories of picking out a tree with my family growing up.

Raechel said...

LOVE these photos! And, the 3rd one down, with Matt holding Owen is wild! I couldn't figure out if it was Micah or Owen without looking down to compare pants. I don't think I've ever seen their resemblance as strongly as I did in that picture. You have such sweet boys!