Tuesday, February 03, 2009

25 Random Things

I was tagged by Lindsey, so here is my list:

1. I am not really good at coming up with "random" things, I do much better with a specific list of questions to answer.
2. I have never been very creative, but so want to be. I am actually sometimes envious of other's creativity. I am a great copycat though :)
3. I am a nutritionist, though I have never been employed outside of college with anything related to this. I am however always using my knowledge with Owen, who has several food allergies.
4. I require my children to eat fruits/veggies with every meal, and can become overly worried if they have had a couple of meals without them.
5. I love good food. I would rather go to a nice restaurant over getting/giving presents any day. I also love it that Matt will share food with me so we can try an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert (though we are often too full for dessert). Matt and I actually always share a meal when we go out to eat. Thankfully, we have similar tastes.
6. Olives are the only food I cannot eat. This really annoys me, so I force myself to eat one every once in a while to try to overcome-still no love. My children, however, LOVE olives, and I often have to take them away after the third helping so that they won't get a stomach ache.
7. When I was in high school, I tried never to wear the same outfit twice (my friends and I would swap clothes). Now, I live in pj's and have a few select ones that I wear quite often. I do still love clothes though.
8. I love to go barefoot. I think I once went a whole summer without wearing shoes (except flip flops to stores) My feet stopped burning on the asphalt after a couple of weeks. I am barefoot right now even though my toes are icicles. Matt will often bring me slippers and force me to put them on because "my feet look too cold."
9. I don't think I will ever like it if my kids go outside without their shoes on (hypocritical I know).
10. Italy and Greece are on the top of my list of places I want to go. We are hoping to make it before we are too old to enjoy.
11. I love to read and watch movies. They are probably my two favorite leisure activities.
12. I love to sit/lay out in the sun, but I am way too worried about skin cancer to do it too often. I lube up with SPF 30 on my face and 15 everywhere else. I have a bottle of sun screen in my purse, in the diaper bag, and in the console of my car- Always be prepared right?
13. I cannot go to bed if my house is not put back into proper order. Matt is finally learning exactly what that is and is wonderful at helping me out.
14. I have to have coffee pronto when I wake up. I am hopelessly addicted.
15. I love babies-the way they smell, the way they feel, look, sound. I don't always love the hard work that being a mother brings, but I still hope to have a few more babies.
16. I have had too many cavities to count despite the fact that I brush, floss, and rinse EVERY day-it just isn't fair!
17. I am a planner and I have a hard time when things don't go according to plan. I do have to say that I am getting much better thanks to my laid back husband.
18. I love to check things off my list: read my Bible, pray, read to the kids, teach them something worthwhile, be silly with them, get some exercise, make meals, clean-up. I can become overly obsessive and upset if I don't get all these things done. Again, something I am working on and getting better at-it is a process.
19. We are all still in our pj's today-see I am not THAT uptight!
20. I love to watch the Food Network. It is often on in the background during all my down time-that is folding laundry, cooking, straightening up, etc.
21. Okay, maybe hot baths are my favorite leisure activity, but I have to take a shower first. I can't soak in a bath of dirt! I love to read something and light a candle when I am in there.
22. I can only drink spring water, but I love it and drink 3-4 bottles a day. I have tried in an attempt to save money and bottles to switch to tap, but it tastes horrible even with filters. I think Matt is going to get me one of those water coolers filled with cool Spring water soon-hint hint. They come and change it out for you when you run out.
23. I love ginger. I eat all the pickled ginger that comes on a sushi plate and sometimes ask for more. I am making double ginger cookies today and can't quit eating the candied ginger that goes in them. It looks like Owen has a new favorite too. Oh, and I love sushi.
24. I love my husband more than words. I often can't believe I am living a fairy tale with him.
25. One of my favorite places to go is the beach-gulf beaches to be exact. I am hoping to take Owen on his first ever beach trip this spring, except in utero-Micah has been twice. I think some of my favorite memories are from beach trips.

I think all of you who read my blog have done one of these lists; if not, well you're off the hook. I will say it has been a fun exercise to try to think of things that maybe most people don't know about me, so if you haven't done one-think it over.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

i've always admired you for how in tune with nutrition you are...especially as it relates to feeing your babies. i agree with you--i'd rather have a fabulous night going out to a fancy dinner than a gift. your comment about matt and how you can't believe you're living this fairy tale is so SWEET. love you!

TMB said...

love your new header!! looks awesome!

The Morrisons said...

Thanks to you my friend for taking such a wonderful shot!! I really am so thankful for those photos. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Ginny! Could we be ANY more alike?! I found your blog from Katie Snow's new blog and started browsing through. How can we have so much in common and not know each other? First of all, I live in Nashville, have two little boys (3 and 4 - one with food allergies), attend a pca church, AND my husband is an Optometrist here! So funny. We have GOT to meet sometime. I have two blogs but I NEVER post. One is family and one is about food allergies. :)
http://www.foodallergyliving.blogspot.com/
http://hyatts.blogspot.com/
Just wanted to say hi and I hope we can meet sometime! :) ginger hyatt (gingerhyatt@comcast.net)

Katy said...

you're adorable Ginny.

and you and Ginger (my friend who posted to you) should meet! yall would have MUCH to talk about!