Friday, February 06, 2009

Just in Case You Were Wondering

I am in the process of making some changes to our blog-updating if you will. Many things will stay the same, just playing with colors, adding some pictures, etc. Our new header picture is courtesy of Taylor, who took some family photos of us back in October. Isn't it gorgeous? I am forever grateful to have these photos. I figured I would use this time to give a little history of the blog. We started this back in 2005 as a way to keep our friends and family updated about my late pregnancy and birth of Micah. For whatever reason, I was not into talking on the phone those last few weeks; I was miserable. Matt came up with the idea to start a blog, and would update occasionally. He also gave the blog it's name. We knew we were going to name our son Micah, and he thought of the Micah Mandate, which is the verse from the eighth verse of the sixth chapter of Micah. We had no idea at the time that our sweet boy would be born on none other than the eighth day of the sixth month, but it makes the title all the more clever. Anyway, we thought of changing the title when Owen was born-didn't want him to feel left out, but decided against it (Micah is the reason we started the blog after all. ) Now, I have completely taken over the blog; Matt hardly ever posts, though he still gives me ideas, critiques, etc. I love having a place to jot things down, and having a way to keep our friends and family a part of our daily life. But, I was feeling a bit of a block and was hoping the change in scenery might help channel my creative energy ;)

2 comments:

TMB said...

it all looks great!

and i LOVE the gumball story! i guess a gumball makes everything better! :) [or is a good stall tactic, at least!]

AND i have to tell you that i have listened to "mikey's" song about 500 times in the last 2 days [slight exaggeration :)] DYlan is on this "ants go marching" kick bc she knows it's micah;s favorite song!! really sweet!

she loves that boy! maybe wedding bells will be chiming in 20+ years!!

The Morrisons said...

And you know that would be fine with us!