Monday, February 02, 2009

Outside Time













We finally got to go outside and play this weekend. I know we could bundle up and go other days, but the boys really aren't into being cold (neither are Matt and I). We were very excited at the beautiful weather and headed to Home Depot to buy an experiment. We have a place for a sandbox, but since the boys and I aren't all that fond of sand, I was thinking of filling it with something a little different. Since Owen loves to "stoop and duuuummmmmppp" these days, I thought we would give pea gravel and shovels a try. It was a huge hit, for Micah too. The boys had a blast scooping up the rocks, filling buckets and trucks, and dumping them back out again. Looks like Matt and I will have a project the next warm day-cleaning out the area and filling it with rocks. Here are some pictures of our fun. Something noteworthy: Micah was very excited about all of this and spent the afternoon laughing and playing, while Owen took this new project very seriously as if he was doing the most important thing in his life to date. Matt and I laughed because if you know our boys, you realize they typically have reverse reactions to new things.

No comments: