Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No Nap Tuesday

So neither of my boys is taking a nap. It is my fault. I lazed around this morning drinking coffee, reading, straightening my room etc. and neither boy was up before 10. I guess the good news is early to bed! I also think we may be close to being able to let the boys share their room. I can't believe I am saying that. I know they will keep each other up late and wake each other up (no more enjoying those occasional mornings with only one boy). But, that is our plan-to move them in the same room, and I think it will be good in the long run.

Lately, we have embarked on a new season of parenting. My boys are ganging up on me :) They encourage each other to throw blocks down the stairs and cackle as they crash below. I want to blow my top, and unfortunately I have :( I am remembering that they are boys, and it must be so fun to watch those toys fly down and crash against my floor!-- I am still not okay with that game. Micah tells Owen what to say, and Owen is a parrot. So far, this has only been funny things and caused no real harm (except during church service), but I can only imagine what Micah will instruct Owen to do in the near future. Owen has hit the two's in full force. He wants to be independent by trying to do everything by himself. He gets very sad when I forget to let him "help" me, and he gets very frustrated when he just can't get it himself. He is also trying to learn independence from me as well as learning that we are different and that I am the authority. I know this is confusing for him, but it is still hard for me to take it when he is mad at me or when he takes his frustrations out on me for no apparent reason. Hopefully some of his moodiness will subside when his next set of teeth are finally in. I can hope right ;)

On a happier note, we have created a "Morrison Family Dance CD" with some oldies but goodies. I think it is hilarious to see what each boy has chosen as his favorite song. Owen loves "Life is a Highway" by Tom Cochrane and Micah is loving "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors. I have got to capture some of their most recent dance moves and sing-along attempts to share! Happy Tuesday.

No comments: