Thursday, March 26, 2009

Way Back Whensday (on Thursday)

Raechel, per your request, here are the belly pictures. An unexpected power outage last night prevented me from posting these pictures (certainly not the fact that I don't like to look at myself pregnant!) No really, as much as I loved feeling my boys move inside me, I can't think of a single thing I liked about getting huge, and I mean huge. I gained a whopping 42 pounds with Micah and close to that with Owen. It seemed to start from day one. By 12 weeks I was in maternity clothes and everyone would love to tell me how they didn't gain any weight until 20 weeks, or that "wow I was sure carrying a lot of weight around my hips and thighs." Ugghhhh! Needless to say, I wasn't the first time mommy who was snapping tons of pictures of my belly. I chose to not remember how fast I blew up. Matt did talk me into taking a picture the day or two before I had each boy so that I could have one to remember and, I guess, to show to the entire world. So here goes:

This is Micah. This shot was apparently the only one I would keep because I can't seem to locate any more. Oh, my was I uncomfortable at this point. Micah was stretched out so that his feet were always under my rib cage and his head was way down in my pelvis. I remember wanting to walk to help induce labor, but it was really hard to move much!



Here is little Owen. My belly doesn't look that big to be 40 weeks, but he was nestled way down in my pelvis and he was only 19 inches long. This was actually really good, because besides all the false contractions, those last couple of weeks were much more comfortable than with Micah. The downside (because his head was jammed up down there, he had tortocollis and still has a flat spot on his head where he refused to turn his neck those first couple of weeks. We had to do neck exercises and his neck is fine now-just still working on that head shape. Thankfully, he still has a rather large softspot (unusal for a two year old) so his head is still forming and reshaping. Bit of useless, but still neat information: Both the boys had ridiculously large soft spots covering almost the entire top of their heads. It was a little strange when I would feed them, and it would pulse with their heartbeats and look a little freaky.




Micah loved to kiss my belly and say "Hi baby Owen." He called him baby Owen until he was a year old!

1 comment:

Raechel said...

That first one of Owen inside looks like the absolute perfect baby belly! I love it! And, the shot from beneath cracks me up - I'm guessing that was Matt's idea! Thanks for sharing these!