Monday, June 01, 2009

A Newsy Post

I figured I better get around to posting the big news in the Morrison house: I am pregnant! I think I have told most of you, but please don't be sad if you are finding out via blog. I really am having a rough time keeping my head on straight these days ;) I am a little over 7 weeks along and my approximate due date is Jan. 16th. I feel like I have been on a roller coaster the past few weeks. Hormones are crazy things. I am forgetful, antsy, sleepless and so tired at the same time, overwhelmed etc. Just to clarify, I am not yet feeling too overwhelmed about having a new baby, more just about getting daily chores done. I am tired and want to rest and things are backing up- I hate when things back up! I am emotional. I feel myself getting my feelings hurt for little to no reason, and getting a sudden urge to cry-sometimes about nothing, sometimes about something. Micah's birthday is coming up next week, and I still haven't decided what we are doing exactly. I had to order a bridesmaid dress for a wedding I will be in October. I had to make decisions based on a lot of unknowns-um like how big am I going to be. "Who knows!" is what I wanted to tell people, "but probably huge." I don't like making decisions anyway, but especially not when I have absolutely no idea what things will be like in October, or what dress will look good on a women entering her third trimester with her third child. I felt like today might be a good day for some blogging therapy. I have also been doing some inner housecleaning-taking inventory on some things, sorting through some thoughts and feelings I have been having. It is always hard to do this-taking stock of how am I glorifying the Lord with my life, do my actions even support this faith that I claim, how can I lose my patience so quickly with two boys that I love so deeply, where do these doubts, fears, and behaviors come from, why am I trying to put faith in my own faith and actions instead of resting in God's grace, and why is my faith so unpredictable? Some days things make so much sense, and other days I feel like I just have this head knowledge but don't know what to do with it. Does this make any sense? Do you ever feel this way? I was introducing Micah to a song on Saturday. I was sorting through a stack of CD's and found an old one by Caedmon's Call. I love the song Shifting Sand and played it for him. I realized, this is what I have been feeling the past couple of weeks. It reminded me that even though my faith is changed by every wave, the Lord and His grace have been there all the time. Here are the lyrics, and it really is a great song, you should consider downloading it!

Sometimes I believe all the lies
So I can do the things I should despise
And every day I am swayed
By whatever is on my mind

I hear it all depends on my faith
So I'm feeling precarious
The only problem I have with these mysteries
Is they're so mysterious

And like a consumer I've been thinking
If I could just get a bit more
More than my 15 minutes of faith,
Then I'd be secure

(Chorus)
My faith is like shifting sand
Changed by every wave
My faith is like shifting sand
So I stand on grace

I've begged you for some proof
For my Thomas eyes to see
A slithering staff, a leprous hand
And lions resting lazily

A glimpse of your back-side glory
And this soaked altar going ablaze
But you know I've seen so much
I explained it away

Waters rose as my doubts reigned
My sand-castle faith, it slipped away
Found myself standing on your grace
It'd been there all the time

Hopefully, I will be back soon with some fun birthday ideas for, did you miss it earlier, my almost four year old. Can you believe it? I know there are some of you who have been following us from the beginning. Can he really be 4? Talk about something to make a hormonal woman emotional. I am sure I will be taking some photo trips down memory lane this week for your viewing pleasure.

7 comments:

Anna Bean said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! Good luck with the birthday plans:)

The Robbins & Co said...

Yay Yay Yay! I shrieked with glee! Congratulations!
We will be back "home" on July 1st at my parents house near Bellevue. We would love to get together!

The Robbins & Co said...

oh,and i know a really great midwife if you are going the home birth route ;)

TMB said...

yeah!! the words out....

congratulations again and again. you know we are so excited for ya'll!!!

i can ditto everything you said in your post.

i know you whatever you do for micah's birthday will be perfect for him!! and no, i cannot believe he is 4. the time goes way too fast!

miss you guys!
xoxoxo

Amanda said...

So excited for ya'll!! Hope to see you guys soon!

Ann said...

Congratulations, Ginny!! So excited for you guys. Loved your honesty and I also love that song! I agree-so thankful God is faithful in spite of our unfaithfulness. As hard as it is to have three, I really think it is just as hard or harder to be pregnant and have to take care of other children! I remember crawling into the bed with Ellie during naptime-during my first trimester with Andrew. I honestly didn't care what she did-I just needed to sleep! Can't wait to follow this pregnancy.

Meg Wingfield said...

Yea!!! I have been checking this blog to see when the next Morrison was on the way. Congrats! We will be praying for a healthy baby and a safe delivery. Love, The Wingfields