Friday, June 19, 2009

Just Because It's Been a While


Honestly, I have been jumping into bed the second I leave the boy's for naps and bedtime, so there has been very little time for posting. Many have asked how I am feeling. Well, I can't complain too badly. I have felt worse, and I have felt better. Being pregnant is not fun for me. I hate waiting-I want my baby now. I have anxiety-I want at least a window to view my baby so that I know everything is okay (I get much better after I can feel movements). I have been hungry and thirsty-so thirsty- but can't find much that sounds or tastes good this week. I try to eat and drink and end up with horrible heartburn or feeling more nauseated than when I started. I am exhausted. Some days are better than others. This week was pretty good tired wise because Matt was home by 2 three days, and we had a nice relaxing weekend last weekend. Tomorrow he has to work, so I am hoping not to get too wiped out. On a positive note, I am still so excited about a new baby. I am starting to have a pretty prominent pooch in my belly (you may not notice, but I sure can tell!) which is exciting. Owen often points to my belly and asks "is the baby still in there?" He is very excited about the baby. He will sit on my lap at night and look at ultrasounds of babies our baby's age and then want to give our baby a kiss. He will lift up my shirt and plant a big one right on my belly button. It is extremely cute. Micah is pondering the whole baby thing. I know he really gets it this time because he has done this whole thing before. Today, while we were talking at breakfast about going to the pool, he asked, "Can babies get in the pool?" I said "sure" not knowing what was really on his mind. "Even really little ones like 0.01 year olds?" I realized he was probably concerned with what we were going to do next year about swimming. I assured him that by the time summer roles around, our baby will be plenty old enough to give the pool a try as long as I hold him, or put him in a float. So, I guess that is all the baby news. I am looking forward to when I feel better and can start feeling little flutters that make this all seem more real-shouldn't be too much longer.

And now some photos of our summer fun:




This is a frog loving boy. Matt found some frogs for him, we stuck them in the baby pool, and Owen scooped them up in his dump truck.












Lots of water. The boys love sprinklers, their new slip and slide, the hose, and the plastic baby pool. I love it because it requires very little entertaining on my part. I just get to stick my feet in the pool and watch them have a blast.





2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Cute, cute pictures...Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.....I love finding new blogs...Had a little time to blog hop tonight while waiting to go to the hospital and welcome a new grandson tomorrow. This month I am posting about our Disney trip, plus a great giveaway.

uberryan said...

THAT is one fat frog! Fun times.