Thursday, June 04, 2009

A Recipe for You

We had the Myers over for dinner last night and I made this.  It is one of Matt's favorite dishes, but I thought I should write a little post about it so A. you can try it too. and B. so I could fill you in on some changes that I think really "kick it up a notch."  First, use any pasta you like.  I usually use mini penne or last night gemelli.  Second, I like to use sweet Italian turkey sausage.  The flavorings in the sausage really add a lot.  I also tend to double or triple the chicken broth and flour parts because it can be a bit dry otherwise.  I add a healthy pinch of herbs de provence to the vegetables.  I also use chicken stock instead of broth (kitchen basics makes a good one.) I also add more feta than called for.  It is a cooking light recipe, so I know they are trying to save fat, sodium etc.  So, just do whatever is best for your family.  I hope you get a chance to try it. It really is yummy!  

Birthday plans update:  Micah has been asking to play "real golf."  We got a 10:30 tee time for Saturday morning at The Little Course in Franklin.  It is a par three course that is supposedly great for juniors.  We are really excited about taking him.  I told him we might get a sitter for Owen, so we could just have a date with him by ourselves, and he instantly got sad and said "I want it to be Mama, Dada, Micah, AND Owen.  You got it buddy, Owen it is .  This melted my heart.  Owen truly is Micah's best bud.  We are going to gather with the family for a little pool party on Sunday evening, and I am going to make a chocolate cake with whipped mocha chocolate ganache frosting to go along with our pizza.   I am hoping it turns out okay because I am not sure I will be able to fit in a trial run!  

2 comments:

Raechel said...

Thanks so much for posting! I LOVED it last night and so did the boys. Well, at least Ryan - it's so hard to tell with Oliver these days. :)

Your birthday weekend for Micah sounds perfect! He is a precious boy and he has a loving heart for his brother. We're so glad to have him in our lives! (as well as the rest of you!)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.