Monday, February 07, 2011

4 Months!

Okay, seriously Margot, slow down... please! I am pretty sure time speeds up a little more with every baby. As much as I love seeing you grow, learn, and experience the world, I just want you to stay little a little longer.





We have had quite a busy month running you and your brothers to the doctor. Owen was the first to get the bug about 3 weeks ago, followed by Micah, and then you. We did our best to keep you well, but the virus won. On our second trip to the doctor with you, we found out you had RSV which is a fancy name for a really bad cold. You had some familiar breathing difficulties, so I am guessing you will be like your brothers with these colds-croupy and wheezy. The doctor commented that at least you were a "happy wheezer." And, oh how thankful we were for that. You are finally well, and I am sure your immune system will be all the better for it. Aside from being sick here are a few other things about you at four months old:

-You love to be sung to, especially the goofy song Mama made up to the tune of "la cucaracha"

My Margarita, Sweet Senorita!
Oh my Margot, baby girl.
I love you so much, my sweet sweet baby,
Oh, my Margot baby girl, cha cha cha!


-You no longer have colic. It is so nice to have a happy girl in the evenings! You now go to sleep around 8 pm. It is still hard for you to fall asleep for the night though. I can't figure out why as you put yourself to sleep so well during the day. Sometimes we rock you bed back and forth and pat your back, and laugh at how we would have never done this for your brothers at this age. You are a bit more spoiled than they were-imagine that. Once you settle down though, you are down for the night. I don't usually hear from you until 6 am. You take two naps during the day and sometimes a cat nap in the evening. You eat roughly 5 times a day now and are getting really big. We postponed your well check until you are well, but you were in the 75% even when you were sick. I see you eyeing table food too and can't bear the thought of you soon being old enough to try solid foods.

-You are beginning to really push with your legs to a standing position. I think it is about time for an exersaucer and johnny jump up.

-You have really found your voice and squeal often-when your happy, when you are playing on your play mat, when you want attention. Your laugh is a sweet little giggle, but we don't hear it all that often. You are a pretty serious baby.

-You love when I read to you. We have a few books that we read everyday-you especially like the one with all the babies.

-You love to roll back and forth on the floor, but still need a little nudge or hand to make it all the way over.

-You aren't too interested in having toys yet. You are pretty happy with your fingers and a burp cloth or blanket to chew on.

-You are losing your hair, especially on the left side. I like to call this your "Willow Smith do". You have gained a significant amount of fuzz to replace the hair you lost, and it seems much lighter in color.

-You are fascinated by your brothers, especially Micah. Owen sometimes scares you with his loud talking. I can sympathize-we are working on our inside voices.

-You are a huge Mama's girl; and yes, that does make me pretty happy!

-You are so loved, sweet girl!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

you are absolutely precious margot josephine!!! love that song too!!