Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mom's Midnight Review

No matter how hard I try to get to bed earlier, I seem to always sit down at the computer around the midnight hour. Honestly, I am feeling somewhat de-stressed and don't particularly want to rehash the day before heading to bed. We don't have any new information but are expecting to hear some more news tomorrow. There is a computer in our room, and Matt or I one will update as we meet with doctors and hear more. Tomorrow, being Monday, we will meet many new faces and therefore get lots of other opinions and brilliant minds working hard to help our sweet bubs. Please feel free to comment with any questions, and we will try to answer them the best we can. Thank you all so much for loving us through prayer. It is always such a treat to open e-mail and read all the kind words. Tonight I read some to Micah as well. And as I say goodnight some things we are thankful for:
-Grandmas! They are helping so much with our other children, comforting us, and running errands and my household. What on earth would we do without them?
-A wonderful hospital
-Kind, compassionate doctors
-chocolate milkshakes (Micah actually drank about 1/4 of one today. I think we may order one for every meal tomorrow!)
-A delicious dinner from Zoe's kitchen from my brother and sister-in-law
-my nephew, "mister man" and his chubby cheeks that I got to see for the first time in two months
-a husband who loves his son and is sacrificing everything to be with him around the clock
-The Lord's peace that comes just when we think we are really going to lose it
-text messages that keep coming and reminding us that we are so loved
-Golf (The tournament today actually had Micah's attention and he would open his eyes quite frequently to watch Bubba)
-Margot's disposition (It is evident the Lord knew she would have to be content to sleep in her carseat and hang out for long hours in the hospital. She has been such a champ.)
-Owen's disposition-we have heard nothing but good reports about what a sweet boy he has been. He knows he really has to step up to the plate right now and be the best brother he can be. He had a pretty good meltdown tonight when we got home-but hey, I have had my fair share too. Once I assured him that I would be the one to put him to bed tonight, he was good to go.
-That the Lord is not surprised by this. He has Micah in his hands, He knows Micah's illness, He is the Great Physician, and He will not leave us or forsake us. Micah says "yes" to a few questions one of them being "do you want us to pray with you, Micah?" Praise the Lord for my little boy's love for Jesus!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Dear Matt, Ginny, and Micah, Please know we are praying for you. Micah, there are six children here praying and looking forward to seeing you at church again soon! We hope you feel better and enjoy those milkshakes! Love, the May Family

Linda said...

Dear Ginny - This is Linda Scherrer. Nate shared your blog with me so that I can help the Prayer Team stay up to date on how to pray for Micah.
We went through this with 2 of my children, one at age 7 and the other at age 15. I empathize completely with you and am praying that the Lord provide for you in every hour for every need - and he will. With one of our children we never rec'd a diagnosis except that it was an unknown virus; and with the other, he rec'd a diagnosis of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Both are in their 20's now and quite well.
It's a hard place to be in when your child is so sick. I know. You would do it for him if you could. Many prayers are going up to the throne on Micah's (and your) behalf, and do know that the Lord will make a way through all this and you will come out the other side - to the glory of God and the benefit of your family.
Hugs! ~ Linda

Unknown said...

Joseph and I are praying for you all. Got a message from Wendy today asking for prayer.
Much love from Lookout Mountain!

Unknown said...

we are praying for sweet Micah and your family. would love to bring a meal or any thing else that would be helpful.
Jenn Van Zee
Kate's Mom from MSP
591-4071

tim hayse said...

my name is tim hayse and i am good friend's with Micah in Chattanooga. yesterday at church we had a time of prayer for healing at the end of our service. Micah came forward representing little micah. It was such a sweet time prayer. i thought you would want to know this. we will continue to plead with God on Micah's behalf.