Monday, February 28, 2011

Not Quite Midnight!





Thought you might like to peek at our super trooper. He is being so brave and sweet and I tell him multiple times a day how proud I am of him. He hasn't complained once except for saying his hand hurt after his new IV today. And you know what-that vein blew. He was trying to tell us the whole time something wasn't right-poor guy. Last I talked to Matt, they were going to try to start a new one tonight. Micah still is not eating. He was loving his pediasure until he had a bad tummy episode. We don't know if he is reacting to food on an empty stomach or all the medicine. So they will give him medicine to help with his stomach-imagine that. Seeing all this medicine go into my child is hard-I don't even like to give him Advil at home. We aren't getting good feedback when we suggest the feeding tube-apparently the children don't like it. If he doesn't have something tomorrow, we are going to have to do something. The steroids were causing a weird swelling of the face reaction so we had to stop them for a little while. We were feeling discouraged because this is the medicine that he needs, but some benydryl before seemed to do the trick and he was able to finish round 1! I am eager to see him again already. It is getting increasingly harder to walk out of that room at night. Sleep tight my bubsy tubsy-I love you a million badrillion googleplex!

No comments: