Thursday, April 17, 2008

What's the Deal?

Ok, so I know many of you moms out there are up at 7 with your little darlings, but I am happy to say mine don't get up until at least 8. So you can imagine how sad/angry I am when the construction crews show up on my street at the crack of dawn. They aren't just working on my street though, they are jackhammering my driveway for Pete's sake! If I wasn't in my pj's, I think I would go give them a piece of my mind. Thanks to our Honeywell fans in the boys rooms (very good idea for only $11) they will sleep like the dead through anything. Maybe I should go get one for myself, although I am scared I wouldn't hear the monitors if the boys needed me. I am trying to look at the bright side, I got to enjoy cup #1 of my coffee this morning alone. Fact about me: I LOVE coffee. I like to have it first thing in the morning, I like two cups, and I like it very creamy with vanilla coffee mate. I recently read that one of the most important things to buy organic is coffee. When we lived in Memphis, we were turned on to a brand that is roasted there called Ugly Mug. When we moved, I began doing the research to find out if I could order it, and was so happy when I could have a 5 pound bag of Saving Grace (my favorite blend) sent to my doorstep for $37. I was paying $8 for a half pound bag at the store. I also found out on their website, that the beans are organic, and because they pay such a good price for their beans, children in many developing countries are being schooled and clothed with the extra money that the farmers are being payed for their coffee. You can't beat that. So, if you are a coffee lover, check out uglymugcoffee.com and read about the fair trade prices that they offer. I think once you try a cup, you will be hooked. Happy Thursday; I think I hear my big boy (Owen is no longer a baby, and I am having withdrawals) waking now.

1 comment:

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

don't worry - we'll order a 8x10 for owens wall... :) then their wedding photo can hang next to it one day...