Thursday, March 03, 2011

God is Faithful



Dear friends,

Today was a good day. By that, it was a little better than yesterday. We are indeed going to have a long road in recovery. Micah was much more alert today. He has an amazing occupational theraptist, Erika, who loves him dearly and has a wonderful calming presence when she is in the room. We always look forward to her time with us. Today she even got Micah to laugh twice and say part of a much loved Bible verse: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

We were able to put Micah in a regular wheel-chair and take him outside on this beautiful day, which he seemed to enjoy. And then enjoyed a couple of bites of an ice-cream treat!

And while all of these things are encouraging and we are thankful for them, the reality of what we see with our eyes is that we have lost our brilliant, energetic, althetic little boy and we are left with his incapicitated, lethargic and crippled frame.

Jeremiah tells us,"Our hearts are deceitful above all things and beyond all cure. Who can understand it." While our hearts tell us, now is the time to be fretful, now is the time to despair, now is the time to doubt; we will not! For this is no accident; from the beginning of time, God knew that Micah was going to be sick. He is control of all and he promises that He has plans to prosper Micah, not to harm him.

Which will we believe, our deceitful hearts or God's ever-faithful word? That is what our choice is at the moment. Pray we will trust in the Lord. And after Micah is restored, we will be able to look back and see how God was faithful, and we know that the testing of our faith produces steadfastness. (James 1)

We thank you, dear friends, for your prayer, support and love. What a picture of the body of Christ we have seen; for they will know we are Christians by our love. We could not handle this burden on our own, so thank you for sharing this with us. God is glorified by your faithfulness in prayer, by your generosity and self-sacrificial love. So... thank you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was happy to see an update. I have been checking the blog all day to see how you guys are doing!
I want you to know that your strength and faith in God is truly inspirational. The verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" is dear to my heart. It has been years now since I lost a friend to leukemia and this was her verse. Hearing it reminds me of Gods love and my friend Robin. I then remember what in life is truly important and God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. I am sure any of your friends, family and neighbors wish we could lift this burden from you and wish it would have never happened! The reality- none of us are truly ever in control and there is a higher power and plan in play here. We are all praying for you as you are on my heart all day as my boys play outside on the street in front of your house. We are thinking of you. We are here for the long haul. Hugs to you all!
Rachel

Unknown said...

I love seeing that beautiful smile on his face!! Our continued prayers are with you...God is faithful! Mrs. Amy