Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Packing the Car

Tonight, Matt and I are both home (for the second night in a row!) Aunt Maggie (Matt's sister who is also a nurse at Vanderbilt Children's) was off this week and has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help us care for our son. She is spending the night with Micah while we get the car loaded for our trip. Funny, it is hard for us to be anything but joyful. We are just so thrilled to see our little boy talk, laugh, and walk. I seriously wondered if I would ever hear him talk again last Tuesday. We are excited to see what the next few weeks hold. Micah told me tonight that he was about 50% healed. I asked if anything hurt and he responded "no, but I want to, like, run again!" He requested that the thousand people who were praying for him continue to do so. I have no doubt you all will. I also inquired as to whether Micah was scared. He said yes because of the IV. I had good news for him: no IVs in rehab! I also asked if he knew who would be with him (I was talking about Matt), and he informed me that God and Jesus would be there. Yes, my sweet, sweet, Micah. God and Jesus will be there. I pray every night for Jesus to wrap you up in his arms since I can't. I love you and can't wait to see you run!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ginny
many prayers go with you to Atlanta. So glad you are feeling joyful again and that Micah is coming back to himself. It was great to see him last week and Delyn was so delighted to get to see him on Tuesday.

You and Matt are amazing parents.
please continue to let us know how we can serve your family.
Blessings,
Kristin Henke

wendy said...

Matt and Ginny,
Our church prayer team rejoiced and praised the LORD, when I told them about the two videos of Micah walking and talking!!!
What a difference from Friday night when his limbs were loose as a rag doll!
We serve an Awesome God and I'm so thankful Micah and you two know the LORD with be with you ALWAYS!!!
Love, Aunt Wendy and Uncle Henry

Katy said...

Praise God!!
Sweet Micah's faith is such a testimony to God's goodness, and to his mama and daddy's faith that he sees in yall.
We're praying for safe travels and a very quick QUICK time there! Can't wait to see Micah run too!
Love yall,
Katy